Thursday, May 24, 2007

Picture Installment #6: The MARTHA show!!

Okay this is the last of the catch-up rounds of pictures from this winter!!! And now I even have current pictures that we have taken recently that are piling up that I need to catch up on... I am just not on the ball enough to stay up with this!! I might have to quit my job so I can work on the blog!! :) Okay... so these pictures I know look TERRIBLE... but I forgot my camera so I took these lame pictures with my cell phone (real quality camera eh?). Anyway, going to the Martha Show was the highlight of the winter... No -- maybe my LIFE!!! We went in in January... I say we because yes, I dragged Kyle with me!! :) He drags me to so many sporting events and so it was my turn to drag him to something of mine!!! It was a BLAST!! The Martha Show studios are in NYC so we rode the train into the city for the day. Everything about the studios where the show is filmed is SO Martha, I loved it!! When we finally got to go up to our seats we were front and center... we had a FANTASTIC view of everything... and very close and personal too! I almost started to cry when Martha Stewart walked out onto the set!! I couldn't stop smiling, Kyle thought I turned into a total crazy person... well, more crazy than I usually am I guess. The Martha Show set is so AMAZING... when I finally have a house someday (many, Many, MANY years from now) I want to make my Kitchen and craft room like hers!! My Martha obession is my inspiration for everything... nothing I do is really original... most likely it all stems somehow from Martha Stewart. :) Anyway, on the show that day she had Diana Ross as a guest and also for a musical preformance. It was cool to see such a legendary woman up close and personal! There was also a cook from a restaurant in Tennessee (she called herself the "Biscut Lady") so the Biscut Lady and Martha made pork chops, and these fried biscut things. By the way... the pork chops that Martha made were the same pork chops that I made for the girls when they came to visit! They are pretty yummy! Thanks Biscut Lady and Martha!! I never wanted the show to end... After they finished taping the show Martha stuck around for a few minutes to answer some questions from the audience. I was too much in ahhh to be able to say anything. We also got some free give-aways from the guests on the show -- we got a Diana Ross CD, and a cookbook and biscut mix from the Biscut Lady! What a perfect day with Martha!! I am going to try again soon to get tickets... once just wasn't enough!! Rock-On Martha Stewart!!!
Me probably as happy as I have ever been! Our wedding day
is a close second!! :)

The one little crappy picture I got of Martha on my phone. :(

Me and The Martha Show set!!

...more of the set. I wish you could see how great it actually looks!

....more set... still can't see it very well.

...you get the idea. It is much better in person!! :)

Kyle thinking.... "what the in the sam hill am I doing here?!!"

1 comment:

Lindy said...

okay enough already of updating from like a year ago. Let's see some stuff from today already!!!! What is the deal with your craft blog??

Lindy