Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break OK Style...

Last week was Kyle's last official spring break as a student. We really went crazy and partied hard... in Oklahoma!! It was actually a crazy trip... but not crazy in the fun sense. Crazy - frantic. We went to try to find a place to live and boy is that an overwhelming task. We had a limited number of days and we were limited by what is available to rent at that particular moment. And renting isn't like buying -- everything isn't listed in one place and you don't get a nifty agent to show you everything. We were calling all different people, scouring the internet, driving around aimlessley looking for rental signs... blech. And all with a one-year old in tow.

Then to top it all off Ben started barfing one of the nights and had "dido" (as I like to call it) for the rest of the trip (and he still does). BTW I am SO stick of cleaning up dido blow-outs. He got some serious tummy bug... yuck. Luckily me and Kyle didn't get it. We stayed with some other OMFS residents for the first half of the time.... THANKS CHRISTENSEN'S (and sorry about the barf for the hundreth time!) then stayed in a hotel for the other half.

OK is a funny place. It is exactly what you would think OK would be like. Flat, breezy, sunny, warm, a little honkey-tonk, and everyone's really nice. There are also Oil Rigs all over the place. It is hilarious. We saw one pumping away in a grocery store parking lot with just a chain-link fence around it. We are definitely in oil-country. I wish I would have snapped some pictures of them. We even saw some rigs in the middle of neighborhoods... so weird.

But in the end we were successful and found a cute little (and I mean little) house to live in. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage (WAHOO) and a good backyard (double WAHOO). The house is brand-new, never been lived in, so that is nice. It has a great neighborhood park just down the street. Just pray that a tornado never hits our house because I think we will blow away. You'll know what I mean when you see the house (picture below). :) I am glad to have the house-hunt overwith and now for the next thing... packing... double blech.


The neighborhood park... We let Ben check it out to make sure we had his approval.


Ben spent his whole spring break in his car seat while we dragged him around on the house-hunt. He was so patient and easy-going the whole time. Kyle and I were both surprised how good he was. He is such a sweet little boy... but then again, I am a little biased. :)

7 comments:

LJABC and D said...

What a fun trip! I am so glad you found somewhere to live, how stressful. The house is really cute, now the fun part begins. If you can tell me not to clean my windows so often (you were totally right by the way, thanks), then I can tell you to not be an ocd packer!! Good luck. Ben is a doll.

Brittanie said...

Yay!!! I think that house is super cute!! I'm jealous that you have the hunt behind you. I'm heading out to TX in April. Yikes!! Ben is so cute - I'm sorry he's been sick. That is not fun!

Kristen said...

Love the house and picts. Too bad it was a crazy time, but at least successful. Let me know when you want to come...it has been a little crazy here, will email you with details.

The Hunt's said...

That is precisely what Wade and I were doing LAST spring break. I do remember it being rather overwhelming. It looks however that you did well. The house is very cute, very charming kind of prairie looking! It does look mighty flat however! Here's to a new adventure!

Natalie said...

heh heh I like feeding your fish!

Sarah said...

Wow, what a trip!
I'm so glad you found a nice place to live. Brand new is awesome! And it's lovely. Doesn't look small at all.
And that's an awesome playground to have nearby.

Hope Ben gets better soon.

whit said...

I just sent you a email..took forever to respond right?/!! Your house looks so cute and you of course with you good eye and perfect touch will make that a dreamy place to live. Good luck with the move!!