We had a small party with just a couple friends. Ben is obsessed with everything "Curious George" right now... so we took on a monkey or "George" theme for the party. I made a monkey cake, yellow and green color scheme, and had banana slush for our little monkey guests to drink. We also had Ben's favorite dinner, Pizza. At least that was his favorite at the time... in toddler style, we have moved on from Pizza, that was SOOOO last week. :) Thanks to all who sent gifts... He actually caught on to the "opening presents" thing and was excited to see what was inside the paper and boxes. He had a nice little pile of loot. THANKS everyone!!
It is warming up nicely here in OK. We are already planting flowers and working on our vegetable garden. I love that it warms up earlier here. Winter was just the right amount of time. Not too long. Now it's tornado season, so we'll see what adventures that brings. Hopefully I will have nothing exciting to report on that front.
Ben is a riot right now. He is talking more and more. I have to say that it is SOOOOO nice to add the communication factor to our relationship. I love that he can verbalize what he wants. Not that he always gets it, but its great that he can tell me. He knows lots of letters, is getting good at his shapes and the way he counts is SOOOO cute. He loves the "teens" numbers... he likes to jump ahead to those. He also LOVES to say hi and bye to everything. For example, while we are driving he will see a tree, or water, or a color ie. purple, or a cirlce and he will say "Hi circle..." and then "Bye circle..." when he can't see it anymore. I love it. He still calls me "Mimi" which I hope lasts forever. But it won't. They just grow up too darn fast.
Kyle is busy shucking teeth up at the Oral Surgery Clinic and sewing up drunk guys during the middle of the night in the Emergency Room. But he loves it, go figure. Gross.
I am still busy trying to get our house decorated. I LOVE decorating projects. And since residents don't make millions, I can just do one little project at a time. So slowly but surely our little house is taking shape. Thanks to CraigsList, Thrift Stores and Home Depot. :) So far we have been happy out here in Oklahoma... not a bad place to visit if you're interested. I am putting together a pretty cute guest room/office with a comfy bed!!!! Am I tempting you?? I hope so. :)
Here are some pictures from Ben's birthday bash...
The Birthday Boy with his loot.
The "spread".
Ben's monkey cake.
Grrrr. I was going to post a bunch more random pics from the last acouple months, but I am having troubles uploading any more pictures. We have really slow internet so that might be the problem. I will try again tommorrow. xoxo.

13 comments:
Woohoo! You are all still alive! Hillary, you should post pics of your decorating stuff. I miss being around your crafty talent.
I am so glad you all are doing well. /if you ever find yourself in Nashville, you should stop by. Oh, and I love that spring gets here sooner too.
Freak, there you are!! Ben is ridiculously cute and so is that blasted monkey cake. I'm with Amy, post some of your decor projects, inspire us all!!
You guys look well in OK, tell Kyle hello!
What?!?!? Are you really blogging? Hooray! It's fun to see pictures of cute little Ben and hear what he's up to . I love 2 years old, it's so much fun. 3 was a different story.... Glad to hear you guys are hangin in there. I hope tornado season is very mild this year.
Yeah! A new post... even though I live down the street, we just don't see each other enough, so this was fun to read. Love the cake!! Need to come over and see the decorating additions. Let's do dinner sometime next week!
Well Hellooooo, Im glad to see you are still alive. I was beginning to think you guys got swallowed by a tornado and taken off to Oz. Ben looks so fun and cute, what a fun fun age! Anyways, we miss you guys!! We can't wait for the beach house.
Love ya,
Linsey
Holy cow look at that cake! You are amazing! I can't believe how big our boys are! Today I was looking back in my blog at baby pics of linc and Ben is in A LOT of them :) I sure miss you guys! Isn't it funny how they can really love something one day and never eat it again the next??? Linc is getting all potty trained now and it is crazy! It has been about two weeks and I would say he is pretty much potty trained:) I am super proud of my little guy.
I say the next time you are planning a trip to SLC let me know and I will try and drive up so I can see you one day!!! I will probably have two kids by then :) !! crazy!!!!
I am so happy that you guys are doing so well! I hope someday we are both rich enough we can meet up more often!
He is so darn cute I can't hardly stand it. I can't believe he is two. I seem to freeze him in my mind from the last time that we see him. The whole bday theme was darling and the cake turned out awesome. We can't wait to see you guys in just 3 short months. Until then, keep satisfying my "i miss ben" with some pics and posts!! eh??
Hillary! It was so great to read an update from you! Ben is such a cutie! I can't believe he's two. That's just weird! 2 is probably my favorite age. =) I'm glad you guys are well! We miss you!
Be still my heart- little Ben's party looks so so fun. Holy cow girl that cake is AMAZING. I heard choir bells and angels singing when I saw the picture. Will you marry me?
Well, hello there, Stranger.
We've missed hearing from you.
I'm so glad things seem to be going well for you guys.
Your little man is growing up beautifully. He's so adorable.
His Curious George party sounds fabulous. I love your cake. Did you make that by yourself? All your ideas were so clever (banana slushie!).
Awesome.
Thanks for the update.
Yea! I found your blog! What a little cutie Ben is...I didn't even know about some of his words! We miss you guys! Come play in our sprinklers this week.
Hey, update your blog Hill!! I want to see some picts of Ben!
Love ya,
Linsey
Friend I miss you:( I need pics of ben:) How's life been this summer? Can you believe it is fall? I miss CT so much when fall rolls around:( K well call me sometime!
Post a Comment