Thursday, June 14, 2007

UConn Graduation and Farewell Dinner

Okay, these pictures were from about a month ago but thats about right on time for my time-table with getting things done. The beginning of May we were able to go to UConn's Dental and Medical School Graduation. Some of our good friends The Jones', Anna Haritos and Matt Capalbo were graduating with the Dental School. It was fun to see such a big moment in their lives. I think since I have witnessed what a hard road dental/medical school is I could really appreciate the accomplishment that all those students achieved. But I have to say there was also a certain amount of jealousy that I felt as well. I just kept thinking... "how awesome would this be if this was us right now!!!" Kyle was feeling it a little more than me I think! :) But it was a little better knowing that we are half way through now and the horrible 1st and 2nd years are behind us forever!! Our friend Lewis Jones, his wife J.J. and their children Aiden and Brooks are going on to Oral Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama. We are SO SAD to see them go.... they have been some really good friends of ours and we have had a great time with them. We miss you SO MUCH already Jones'!!! Then Anna Harritos and Matt Capalbo were also some great friends that we hung out with and met through the Jones'. They are actually a Dental School couple... met at UConn their first year and have been together ever since! Isn't that just adorable!! :) And they just got engaged acouple weeks ago!! CONGRATULATIONS Matt and Anna!!! Anna is doing a Pediatric Dentistry residency in Providence, Rhode Island and Matt is doing a Genral Dentristy Residency here at UConn for another year. So they will still be close for a little longer. A week or so later we had a little Graduation/Farewell BBQ with the Jones' and Matt and Anna at out house. The pictures at the end of the slide show are from that night.

As for current news Kyle is busy with "Dental Summer" cramming all sorts of Dental knowledge into his head getting ready to start in the dental clinic the end of July. Yesterday and today they have been practicing giving shots to eachother to numb their mouths.... YIKES! I know... he came home with a numb face yesterday. And probably will today also. He is still studying like crazy for the National Boards that he will take on July 16th. As for me still the same old, same old... work, hair and crafting. Pretty boring I know. Now that it is full blown summer I am hoping that we will be getting out and exploring New England a bit more and have some summer fun... but I have a feeling we won't be doing much until the boards are over. :( Well that's all for now... We love looking at all your blogs... it is so great to see how everyone is doing and how the kids are changing and growing -- keep the updates flowing!!!
Audios!

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

3 comments:

LJABC and D said...

Great pictures! It will be you guys before you know it. Thanks for the email and the comments on my blog, we sure miss you guys too, you should come visit!!love,JJ

The Pizza Family said...

THE POSTS HAVE BEEN ON A DRY SPELL :)

The Pizza Family said...

KYLE AND HILLARY I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!! CONGRATS