We had a great Labor Day up in Acadia, Maine with our friends Chris and Adrienne, fellow Dental Students. Stay tuned for a re-cap and some photos in the next couple of days. I just wanted to put a quick post up with some pictures of my slowly expanding waistline. These pictures are from a week or two ago... I was about 16 weeks along I think (I am 18 now!!). Sorry if the bare belly freaks you out -- it just showed my nice round beer gut better than with it covered. I have definitely put on the pounds... my rear won't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants anymore... except maybe the pair that has some spandex!! :) I think I have gained the same amount in the gut and the butt! I haven't felt any movement yet and wonder if there is really something in there!?! This Friday I have an ultra-sound appointment and they will hopefully be able to tell if it is a boy or girl!!! I am SOOOOO excited to find out! And all the fun planning will begin! I will definitely put a post up about the results and hopefully be able to scan a picture of the little boy or girl in for their very own debut in the blog world. The other pictures are of my messed up thumb that I got as a result of a pretty hard spill that I took acouple weeks ago. I was running in heels, which is a bad idea anyway but an even worse idea when you are pregnant! I turfed it on the asphalt in our apartment's parking lot. My thumb and shoulder took the brunt of the spill and my ego a little too. My thumb swelled up terribly and bruised black and blue all over (the camera wouldn't pick up the purple bruising very well) and even up into my nail and I didn't even hit it there. I also had a nice scabby case of road-rash on the shoulder. I went to the Doctor the next day to see if it was broken because it was KILLING me and I could barely move it. The Doc thought I hurt it pretty bad but was nervous to take an x-ray because I am early in my pregnancy... She referred me to an orthopedic hand doctor to take a closer look, but it was taking way too long to get an appointment at the orthopedic office that I gave up and decided to just deal. My thumb is still pretty sore and stiff and I fell about 2 weeks ago, so who knows what I did, but it is getting a little better so hopefully it will heal okay. Most of the swelling and bruising has gone so that it a good sign I guess. Kyle thinks that I am using pregnancy as an excuse for being more clumsy along with all sorts of other things (like gas!!) -- but I think it's true... being pregnant it is like you are transplanted into a body that is not yours and everything functions differently!! You other gals will vouch for me here, I know it!!
We hope everyone had a great holiday!! Take care!
P.S. I am not wearing any makeup in these pictures... I promise I look better normally!! :)






8 comments:
hey, I think you look great, sorry about the fall. it's fun to see your belly growing though so thanks for the pictures. i hope your thumb is feeling better. I found this pattern for the cutest hat. check it out! http://knitboxing.ong.id.au/2007/04/19/little-cables-hat/
can't wait for you guys to come visit! love, JJ
hey, I think you look great, sorry about the fall. it's fun to see your belly growing though so thanks for the pictures. i hope your thumb is feeling better. I found this pattern for the cutest hat. check it out! http://knitboxing.ong.id.au/2007/04/19/little-cables-hat/
can't wait for you guys to come visit! love, JJ
why did it post twice? i'm so bad at computers...
look how cute you look prego!! just wait it gets bigger and bigger you can't believe how big you can get.. but it's so great and so worth it!! being a mom is the best!! Enjoy sleep somewhat good.. cause it's all down hill once they come out!! :)
You don't even look like you have a belly! It's still a freakin washboard!
Lindy
Hillary, I can totally relate to pregnancy clumsiness. I am extremely klutzy anyway, so being pregnant just magnified the problem. I would notoriously trip, walk into walls, doors, and basically run into anything in front of me. I fell into my parents pool fully clothed when I was about six months along, just strolling along the side! I stayed away from large bodies of water after that.
I thought you were exaggerating about the belly. You look really cute though. You just have a teeny belly and thats it. So cute. At least you can tell you are pregnant, when Im that far along I just look massive and thick with butt and thighs to go along with it.
hot belly!
you look so good, just wait till you get real big, you will really have to watch out.
Post a Comment