Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Utah Trip ~ Nov. 1 - 6, 2007

What a great trip home I had! It went WAY too fast as usual. I flew in Thursday night and stayed until Tuesday morning. It was a very FULL weekend with lots to do and lots going on. I finally got to meet my two new nephews that have been born since I was home last... Will and Nick! They were SO cute!! I wish I could be there more to see them change and grow. It was also fun as usual to see the rest of my nieces and nephews that are all growing and getting to be so hilarious to talk to and play with. It's just great in general to see family and spend time with everyone that we miss so much living far away.

I flew in Thursday night and spent Friday visiting family and hanging out. Then on Saturday my Mom and my Aunt Connie threw me a baby shower!! It was a blast... I had aunts, cousins, sisters, sister-in-laws, friends, grandma's and everyone there -- mostly from my mom and dad's side of the family (Smith/Sorensen - my Mom's Sorensen not Kyle's - I know confusing). We had some yummy food and I got lots of GREAT Baby gifts. It was really fun to start to get baby things. I haven't really bought anything so far during my pregnancy and it was fun to begin to collect all the supplies we will need to take care of a baby -- Ahhh, it still doesn't feel real - We're having a BABY!!

Sunday morning I was able to go to my nephew Nick's baby blessing. It really meant a lot to me to be able to be there because I have missed every single one of my other niece or nephew's baby blessings. Afterwards J.J. and Lindy (Nick's parents) had everyone over to their house for brunch to celebrate. All the food was yummy and the company was even better! :)

Later Sunday was my Mom's annual Halloween Party. I know it was after Halloween, but with every one's work schedules it just worked out that she was doing it the Sunday after Halloween and I was going to be there!! We dress up, eat yummy spooky-food and have a great time. My Mom LOVES Halloween and loves to dress up and decorate the house -- so she is in her element. Normally there isn't a theme but this year she really wanted to be Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean (she LOVES those movies... and Johnny Depp!). So we thought we would all go as pirates and have fun with it. Most of us were just random pirates but we had a few other specific characters from the movie come to the party.... My Grandma (Mamo) was Calypso (aka Tia Dalma) from the 2nd and 3rd Pirates movies - She looked SO GREAT! My sister Kelsey was the beautiful Elizabeth Swan, her husband Marcus was Captain Jack #2 and their little girl, McKayden, was "Jack the Monkey". :) Everyone looked so great and we had SO MUCH fun!! I took a lot of pictures of the event so check them out below.

On Monday evening I had another Baby Shower! This one was given by my sister-in-law's - Linsey, Lindy and Lindsey and my Mother-in-law - Flori. We had a great dinner of Soup in Bread Bowls and had lots of people come from Kyle's side of the family... it was so much fun. Once again I got lots of really great gifts and can't wait to use them when the baby comes! Thank you everyone!!!

Then the trip came to a close WAY to fast as usual. I headed back to CT Tuesday mid-day. But so much fun stuff was crammed into the weekend that I couldn't have been happier. It worked out great that there was so many family events going on during the short time I was there -- so I was able to see and spend time with lots of family. Its always hard to leave after getting used to being around family again... but leaving this time wasn't as bad because I knew I would be back for Christmas in about 2 months!!

Below are some slide-shows of a little of the festivities of my trip. As usual I wasn't very diligent at taking pictures -- but better than usual. I wanted to get pictures of all my niece's and nephew's but I didn't get any of Paxton or Ellie :(!! But the rest of them are pictured so I will be sure to get ones of Paxton and Ellie at Christmas to show you. Enjoy the pics...
Ciao!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Print Christmas Coloring Pages.


*Halloween Party*.....

BubbleShare: Share photos - Delicious Christmas Recipes.

7 comments:

alysha said...

What a riot!
I had no idea 'aunt Lisa" was so halloween crazy. seriously, I can't get over the pictures.

Kimi said...

It looked like you had a lot of fun in Utah with your family and friends. I bet it was hard to come back, luckily for Kyle you did. Your family looks darling, even the pirates. I am glad that you got to see a little of Halloween with your fam. I can't wait to see your cute baby boy in all of your/his presents.

Brittanie said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! Your little guy is going to be decked out! Baby showers are the best!

Natalie said...

OH my gosh your mom is the coolest! I hope I am like that. She really did look great! Aren't you excited to go back home for Christmas? I am!

Sarah said...

Wow! You guys sure do Halloween right. What a fun idea (pirate party). Did you get to watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" too? I still can't get over your Grandma's Calypso costume. You've got the coolest grandma. She totally rocked.
I'm glad you had super awesome baby showers. Let's see how we Connecticans measure up, eh?

LJABC and D said...

LOVE the Halloween party!!! Looks like you had so much fun!! I'm so glad, isn't baby stuff the best? It's almost as fun as buying maternity clothes to wear AFTER you have the baby. Just kidding, you will be back to your old self in no time. We're super bummed you can't come (now who's gonna sneak and cut Brooks' hair?), but we understand and really I am not qualified to deliver babies. I have been thinking about calling you but it's an hour later there and I always forget until late. Ok, is this a long comment yet? You always give me a self esteem boost with your long and thoughtful comments so I'm trying to send it back at ya, but I am running out of ideas. Maybe I should have left out the maternity clothes thing.......it was a joke, I swear. :) Isn't third year the best? OMS rules, don't worry, because some day you'll be able to shop without remorse and afford to open your antique shop. Ok I should stop now, this is obnoxious. I'll just call soon love, JJ

Lindy and Ryan said...

Hill- It was great to see you, it was a nice excuse to get out of the grind of homework and work. but I only have 2 1/2 weeks left until school is out for me!! We are planning on leaving after christmas like the 27 or 28. But we are planning on being at moms for the weekend. I would love to do crafts. I know that this wouldn't be fun for you, but I decided that my new hobby is going to be knitting. I want to learn how to do something other that a scarf. Since you are professional maybe you could teach me how to make hats or something. I don't know I am up for anything, I like crafting but I am not that great at it, so you come up with one and I would love it. I bet kelsey would want to get in on it too. Okay this is really long....Love ya see you soon.
Lindy