This is Kyle as we were going to bed the other night. And yes, we have TWO Down Comforters plus additional blankets on the bed! Kyle is wearing his hoodie sweatshirt for extra insulation. It is like we are camping INSIDE!! Fall has definitely set in here in New England and it is COLD at night! We (meaning mostly Kyle) have been trying to hold off turning on the heat to save money.Below you can see a blurry picture of our thermostat the next morning for proof of how cold it actually was (the bottom gauge is the temperature of the room)... the last printed number is 60 so you can see that it is about 54 degrees INSIDE OUR HOUSE!! Which I guess isn't too bad considering outside has been in the 30's at night. You know that it is too cold for the interior of your home to be in the 50's when the thermostat doesn't go any lower! :)
We have lasted without the heat for long enough and I think that I am about ready to turn it on and Kyle can't do anything about it!! To heck with saving money!! :)
And these cold temperatures also mean that we have had to start scraping the car windshield in the mornings -- I absolutely HATE scraping the windshield!! It's maybe the worst part about the winter. I dream of parking in a garage someday -- Oh how nice that will be!!
Oh, and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Mwa-ha ha ha ha!
P.S. I leave tomorrow for a trip home to Utah... YAY!!! I am so excited to see everyone and my families are throwing me a baby shower while I am there!! I am so excited to start getting baby stuff! Thanks guys!! See you soon!!

4 comments:
BRRRR that looks cold! I love to sleep in the cold. Can't wait to see you Hill.
Linsey
so this is a fun find! i linked to you through several others while wasting hours of time today at work! i love having a visual of you and kyle, it's been fun to read through and see what you guys have been up too. coincidently, i recieved your invite to your baby shower this week too, forwarded from my parents. i won't be able to attend seeing as i am stuck in midwest, but i will be thinking of you! i can't believe you're having a baby boy, it seems just yesterday we were in your basement discussing how you peed your pants in some boys car...times a change. send me your email and tell kyle hello!
OMG! I can totally relate to your cold apartment. When we lived in Boston, the one winter we were there just happened to be one of the coldest on record. One morning, as I was getting off of work at 7:30 AM, it was actually -20 degrees! And to top that off, I had to get some gas. Keep in mind too that for some reason there you have to actually hold the gas pump the entire time you're pumping, not like here in Utah where you can just set it and leave for a few minutes. Our furnace was not able to keep up with the coldness and for a few weeks our apartment too was about 55 degrees inside! I remembered holding off the bathroom trips all night long (even though I was dying to go) in favor of the nice warm bed. We would turn the space heater on full blast before going to bed and close the door. Probably not the safest, but some good memories.
Turn on the heat are you crazy?!?!? We have ours on and we live in ALABAMA!!! NUTS. Hope you have fun in Utah and get lots of great stuff. We're excited for Kyle to come too, and hope you can come but not if it means having the baby at our house! love,JJ
Post a Comment