Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pictures galore!

So I guess I'll start by making my big excuse for being a major slacker with posting. For the last few weeks Ben has started taking a really good morning nap.... I mean good like 3 - 3 1/2 hours! (I am totally LOVING it!!) Which is more than enough time to do some blog posting I know -- but here is where the excuse comes in... he takes his naps in our room which is where the computer is. He will sleep through a little noise but there are a few noises that he doesn't tolerate as well -- floor creaks and clicking computer keys. So until he starts sleeping in his own room I have to fit blog posting in at other times. Which for all you mothers out there you know there isn't many other opportunities. :)

So here is a selection of about a kabillion pictures that we have taken over the last month. The ones here at the top are the most recent and getting older towards the end. We blessed Ben at the beginning of this month. Ben behaved himself very nicely. He didn't cry or poop on his outfit and it all went off without a hitch. It was a little sad to not have family around to share the moment with. I wanted to have a little open house to celebrate but our apartment is too small for entertaining more than a few people and it was raining that day so we couldn't do it outside. Oh well, maybe for the next baby.

Ben is doing well and is falling into somewhat of a schedule. It is really REALLY nice to have him sleeping and eating at semi-predictable times. Like I said he takes a great morning nap and I hope an afternoon one will form soon -- for now he just cat naps in the pm. He weighs over 16 lbs and most of the clothes he is wearing are sized 6-9 month (he is 3 months!). He's a chub but he is also really long. I can't wait for his 4 month dr. appt to see where he stacks up on the charts. He smiles a lot and is starting to laugh a little. I LOVE IT! He loves to chew on his hands and loves for us to show him toys. When he is cranky in the evenings all we have to do is start is bath water and he will sit quiet and happy waiting for his tubbie to fill up. He loves is bed time bath. He HATES tummy-time as you can see in one of the pictures below. He doesn't even try to pick his head up he just lays there and cries... it's a little funny actually. Overall he is a great little baby and we love him a lot.... so after much deliberation I think we have decided to keep him. :)

Ben on his blessing day.






* * * * *

He loves to be nakie!! Look at those cute chubs!

* * * * *


We had a little photo shoot one day while he was sitting in his rocker. I love that smile!


Kyle says this his "Rocky" face..... "Adrienne!!"


* * * * *
Oh how he hates tummy time!!

A day at the park... he liked watching the ducks.




* * * * *
This is Ben and his best friend Lincoln. He comes over to play a lot. They are exactly 2 weeks apart (Lincoln is older). They were so funny sitting on the couch together. I took a really cute video too that I will have to post soon. I love that Ben is so bald and Lincoln and all his hair... they make a funny pair! :)


* * * * *

Ben loves these pictures that we hung by his changing pad. He smiles and talks to them. Its pretty cute! That little Bear plays music... he likes that too (thanks Linsey and Lindsey!).
* * * * *

The boys fell asleep watching sports.

* * * * *

Ben and his sock monkey Curious George Jr. -- I had one just like him... George Sr.


* * * * *

Ben looks so cute when I put him in his carseat -- I always have to snap a picture or two!







Nothing better than a sleeping baby!
* * * * *

One night we were trying to keep him awake before bed-time so he would sleep good. We put him on his tummy because he normally hates it and would stay awake, but he was so tired he fell asleep hunched over the boppy!

* * * * *
This bassinet came with our pack-n-play and it is what he slept in when he was brand new. He grew out of it pretty fast to where his head and his feet were touching - so now he is in the actual pack-n-play... still next to our bed though (I just can't put him so far away in his own room yet!!)


* * * * *

And last but not least.... Kyle's favorite... The Red Sox gear! Kyle was in charge of dressing him this day and this is what he chose. He can't wait to take him to a baseball game.

9 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

OH FOR CUTE! He looks so cute in his blessing outfit. You look so good to Hill! I feel really bad that we are missing out on him. I can't wait to see him. He seems like such a smiley little guy. Oh and I love the chubs, nothing better than a chubby baby!

Love ya!
Linsey

The Pizza Family said...

He is so dang cute!! we can't wait to see him!! what a cute smile!! I love all of his facial expressions!! And his blessing outfit is darling! Wish we could have been there, i'm sure it was great!! Keep the pictures coming we love looking at him!! And give him a big hug from us!! see you soon!!

Lindy said...

A much needed update on baby Ben happenings. It's our only fix for this little guy. He is way so too cute!! Let us know when you are coming so we can anticipate meeting our little friend.

Jacqueline said...

I love LOVE the pictures. His smile/laugh is absolutely infectious and I'm so lucky I get to see this guy every week!!!

Natalie said...

You're right.....that is a humongous post lol! Ben is so SO cute and you look perfect! We should definitely get together when you're in town......BTW I heard Lindy is pregnant! How fun!

alysha said...

oh my goodness! he is darling. I love all the photos, you definitely need to keep posting. He has really changed during these last few months. I seriously can't wait to hold him.
And that top photo is perfect of your little family!

Sorensen Family said...

Hey Hill,
about those Usborn books, I am now a sales rep, so buy from me if you need any more books! :) You can get to my web-site through my last blog post.

I can't wait to see you and Ben! YAY!

Linsey

Natalie said...

So happy you have new pics on here now! I love the Rocky face! ha! Lincoln and I miss you two so much! I was thinking we should go to Six Flags when I get back. What do you think?

Megan said...

Hillary, he is so cute! He looks just like Kyle right now. Everyone always told me that Wells was a clone of Mark when he was a baby. Can't wait to see him, he smiles a lot!