Thursday, August 28, 2008

6-Month Stats


Ben had his 6 month check-up today and here are his stats:

Weight: 21 lbs. ~ 92nd percentile
Height: 29 in. ~ 98th percentile
Head: 18.25 in. ~ 95th percentile

So we have a very BIG and TALL boy. Whenever I see and average sized baby for his age they just look miniature because I am used to this gigantor monster!! :) Our carseat is only good to 30" so it looks like we will be getting a new one soon. WEIRD! He can roll all over the place, sort of sit up for a second, talks and talks and talks... ba ba ba ba... ma ma ma ma... I love it. He laughs and smiles all the time. He still doesn't really take naps -- 20 min here, 30 min there, VERY frustrating! I think I need those naps more than he does. I asked the Dr about that and she said it is just in some babies nature to sleep less... Great. But he sleeps good at night now days, so at least we have that. Ben loves his baby food, and with the exception of peas (see last post) he will eat anything. The Doc said I could start giving him yogurt, I hope he likes it. Other than getting SUPER-DUPER mad about getting his shots he passed with flying colors! Well she did say that his head is still a little large but he seems to be fine. :)

I have about a kajillion pictures from this summer to go through to put up -- ie. the beach, Utah, Jackson Hole, etc. etc. So maybe sometime soon I will get to that. Like I said, Mr. NO-NAP kind of gets in the way of anything that takes more than a minute or two. This summer has been a BLAST and it is really sad to think that it is winding down already. And what is even more weird is that it is our last summer in Connecticut! Depending on where fate takes us -- we will be moving probably by the end of next May. I will be SOOOOO bummed not to be close to NYC anymore but the prospect of moving to a new place is a little exciting. Time has really flown. Everyone always said how long and painfull Dental/Medical school is and I have barely noticed it and had loved living out here. I think it has been a little more painful for Kyle though. I shutter for him thinking about those first two years... so much studying. Anyway... over the next, roughly, 9 months, we have to soak up every bit of New England. SO for everyone that has been dying to come stay with us... NOW is the time!!! LAST chance for a free place to stay where you can visit NYC, BOSTON, Church History sites, American History sites, the most amazing Fall colors on the planet, or the coolest man woman and baby in the Universe!! Is my shameless begging working? Probably not... sigh.

BLAST... Ben just started crying. I was hoping the shots would help him take a long nap. I guess not. Gotta run.... Ciao.

7 comments:

salreem said...

Hill he is soooo cute! What a stud! I love this age, don't you? Lots of personality, and you can watch them think about things and figure things out. Love it. Keep the photos coming.

Kristen said...

I love reading about your little guy. I can't believe we were in CT for 5 years, it flew by. We miss it and are loving it here (usually). We miss you and wish we could give Ben a squeeze.

Natalie said...

Yay a new post finally!!! I love your big baby! He is so adorable and so grown up! Naps are still a no go for me, and all of the sudden over the last three days he is waking up at six thirty in the morning and going to bet at like 8:30 or 9! blah I am dying! Oh well hopefully this is just a phase I guess we will find out eh?

Sorensen Family said...

I love the big monstrous babies, they are the best! He is so cute. I miss Jackson too, it was so fun to hand out with everyone again. I really hope we make it out to Cali this January for some more fun times

love ya,
Linsey

Katelyn & Wade said...

Dang he is cute! And I am loving the outfit, Boden right? Love that store!

Tonya said...

He totally reminds me of Wes! How fun! Ben is such a doll!

The Pizza Family said...

I wanna see pictures of your new hair!! POST IT SOON!! I bet it looks awesome!!