Ben eats peas for the first time...
We are finally back from our month long vacation in Utah and SoCaL. We had a wonderful time with the fam-dam-ily and enjoyed playing hookie from the daily norm. Sometime soon I will get a post up with a slideshow of some pictures from the trip. Ben is only 6 months old (almost) and he has already traveled from coast to coast... a little jet-setter from the get-go.
Ben still has a little attitude about sleeping but there are good days/nights and not so good days/nights. Hopefully with age he might outgrow it (I won't hold my breath). He probably weighs about 20+ lbs now. He looks about the same size as your average 1 year old! He is a good eater and we are trying new things every few days.
Kyle is super busy with school and getting his aplications in for Oral Surgery Residencies. He is applying all over the country so we could go anywhere. I am busy with the day to day mommy and home-maker stuff... exciting, I know. Since I got back from out trip I am in the mood to throw away stuff, so I am cleaning out closets and drawers. Our place is a mess with the contents of said closets and drawers. It takes forever to get anything done with Ben vying for my attention. But we are happy to be at home all together again... I think Kyle went into depression all alone while we were gone.
Its Friday and I LOVE weekends!! So happy friday everyone! Ciao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
HIllary- Ben's face while eating the pea's made me laugh out loud. I miss that little guy. And you of course. tell kyle Hi for us.
Cute little guy! We cannot wait for Jackson, see you in a few weeks!
Linsey
Love it! I am so excited to see you in a few weeks! Lets plan a BBQ! SO i am going to give you a call sometime soon because I have a question I need to ask you to ask your hubby about something dental. Talk to ya soon!
So glad you updated. Ben is so big and cute. And he will soon be an international traveler, right?? Keep us posted and we miss you -- especially our late night talks.
Ben is adorable. It is so fun to see him grow this way.
I saw Lindy's California pics. What a massive "gang" you have become. I could see evidence of Kelsey's news. So excited to learn of this and especially to know she is having a boy. From Lindy's untra sound pic - it looks like she is following suit. Blue is Beautiful...I am sure you would agree!!
Glad your little family is all back together!
Ben is so big, I was so happy to hear about him and find your blog, I love reading it. I hope you are all well!!
Hey, I found you too! Good to see your little fam!
-Brooke
So I read your napping boot camp entry and have to say that I am a big fan (by experience) of making baby sleep in separate room and the cry method.
We were called cruel for letting our babies cry and figure out how to fall asleep on their own, and I wanted to run in and pick them up a hundred times. BUT, after sticking with it for a few weeks they made huge improvements and now we have 2 kids that have few if any issues about going to bed on thier own. I also think that new babies AND moms wake up less in the night when they aren't too close to each other (separate rooms worked best for us). Maybe I am strange and missed some "bonding", but we were all less cranky when we got our sleep!
Post a Comment