I'll just start out with being honest.... Is anyone else sick of blogging? I pretty much never feel like it. I still like to look at other people's blogs, but to update my own is pure drudgery. I'm just sayin'.
Well, we are surviving the heat and loving summer. I have to say, Oklahoma is a pretty friendly place to live... everyone is SUPER nice, even perfect strangers everywhere I go. Maybe I was just used to East Coast folks being just a little more reserved and private. So far Oklahoma has been a pretty nice place to live. It is hot, humid and usually breezy all the time... the crazy, random, terrential rain and hail storms have been entertaining. We have lost some siding off the house acouple times (thank goodness we are renting so I just had to call up maitenance).
But despite the heat Ben LOVES to play outside. The poor kid sweats like crazy (got the sweaty Smith genes I think... yep that includes me, yuck). So, sweat, humidity, heat and all... he wants to go outside. Thank goodness we can come back inside to the air conditioning. How did people live here in the "olden days"... phew! Ben is learning to say all sorts of stuff... these are some of his words: Daddy! (his favorite person and word to say), car, wa-wa (water), sout-side (outside), soues (shoes), ca-ker (cracker), teesh (brush teeth), wow, uh-oh, versions of please and thank you and probably more that I can't think of at the moment.
He is a wild man and runs everywhere. He stumbles and falls all the time but doesn't seem to mind. He is still a pretty thick little kid so he sort of lumber-runs... its funny. He climbes up everything and gets into all sorts of stuff. Acouple weeks ago I called poision control for the first time... I found him with a stick of Kyle's deoderant and he had rubbed it all over him and there were some teeth marks in it... so I called P.C. to be sure he would be alright. It was fine... it turns out a little deoderant isn't posionous. :) He didn't miss a beat either... just smelled real sporty-like.
I have included some very RANDOM pics over the last few months... I really haven't taken any that are really worth sharing... just weird ones from around the house (I'm not good at getting the camera out very often). The pic at the top of the post is during our road-trip to Oklahoma. We stopped off for a break in St. Louis. So the pic is of us at the "Gateway to the West"... we walked under it to OFFICIALLY be moving back out west. :) Like I said, the rest of these are random and kind of dumb... but they were the best I had. Hope all-ya-all out there are well... Audios.
Ben LOVES to swing. This is him swinging at a park in the OKC zoo. We also rode the train which he really loved too.

7 comments:
I think I am one of the only bloggers left anymore- It's really sad. I am thinking of only allowing people who update their blogs regularly, to be able to read mine ;).........just sayin!!!
good to see some pics of ben!! He is a cutie. I think pics of nick crying are cute too. Not so much ellie anymore but nick for sure!!!
Yay a post from my favorite girl!!! I want to smooch your little boy. COME TO TX SOON!!!!
I have a hard time updating as well. But I am glad to hear of your latest. Ben is getting so big- I can just imagine him covered in deodorant :)
I have to be honest too, I really don't like to update my blop either, it is pure torture to me. I love to look at other peoples though.
Ben is so darling! I wish you guys lived out here so we could have some good quality cousin time with him.
So, I hope you are having a good time in good Ole OK.
We miss you guys tons!
Love ya,
Linsey
I've always hated blogging. I only do it so I can read everyone else's. I never have anything interesting to say myself.
Looks like you guys are doing good, though! Ben is still just super cute. I love it. Tell Kyle that Kyle Jr arrived Aug 10th, and thanks for letting us steal his name. It is one of my total favorite boy names ever!
Hillary - I was SOOOOOOO excited to see your post!! Ben has gotten so big. I can't stand it!! I need more pictures! How is Kyle liking the program in Oklahoma? How are you holding up? I'm so glad we have blogs so that we can keep up with each other!
hi hillary! i've wanted to try that brownie tart you mentioned on my blog; how was it?!
Post a Comment