We had a great weekend last week... the weather was FANTASTIC!! I am talking mid 70's!! Which feels fabulous after the long "raw" winter here in New England. ("raw" is a word that I picked up out here that New Englanders use to describe the weather... they have alot because people are obsessed about the weather in this neck of the woods -- its kinda comical actually). Anyway, on Friday night we went over to the Vargas', along with the Jones', to play Dominos aka "Mexican Train". It was alot of fun although Kyle and I took last and second to last place with the point standings. It looks like we need to practice our strategy a little :). We played late into the night and all the poor kids were sprawled out asleep on the floor and the couch. Then on Saturdary we went down to New Haven with the Jone's to shop at IKEA (love that store!), eat at Pepe's Pizza (supposedly the "Birthplace" of pizza in America -- they claim to have been the first to bring or serve pizza in America before anyone else in the 1920's... Who know's if it is true or not, but their pizza was GOOOOoooooOOOOD -- deffinetely have to go back!), then since the weather was so beautiful we went over to the beach and enjoyed the beautiful warm evening while the Jones' kids, Aiden and Brooks, played in the water. If you want to see pictures of the New Haven excursion you will have to check out the Jones Family Blog linked here or on our links list. Like the good documentarians that they are, they remembered their camera and were able to catch a few snapshots of the fun. That is me and Kyle swinging Brooks as we walked back to the car along the bridge, he kept saying "again, again..." in his cute little voice. What a great day to be out and about!! Winter really makes you appreciate nice weather.... it was so SO nice to be outside breathing fresh air and in sandals and short sleeves!!!The picture that is at the top of this post has nothing to do with this post at all.... It was a picture that I took this winter of a beautiful sunset that we had a great view of from our front porch. Sunsets are rare around here -- or rather seeing them is rare because there are so many trees that you can't see the horizon to see the sunset. So in the winter when all the leaves are off of the trees we can actually see something!! Then the pictures below are quite random as well -- They are of these little Wedding cakes I made for a Bridal Shower out of sugar cookies (I stole the idea from Martha Stewart -- like everything else that I do). They were so cute that I had to take a picture and show you.
Ciao!!
P.S. Flori and all the girls fly in tonight for a visit!!! YIPEEE!!! I am so excited to have visitors!! Stay tuned for pictures of our fun filled weekend in NYC and CT!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment