Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ben's Big Birthday Bash

Last Saturday we had a birthday bash for Ben. It was so much fun to throw a party for him. I think he had fun too. :) We had lots of his friends over, yummy food, presents and cake of course!! He was a little hesitant about the cake at first (I think because of the way I decorated it... it was really spiky) but then he got into it. I don't think he ate that much... just mainly played in it. And lets just say the next day's diaper was red because of all the red dye... I was serious about my red and white color scheme! :) Hopefully you can't get red dye #10 poisoning :). All in all we had a blast! Wish everyone could have been there!











Ben's friends that came to his party...
(minus Lincoln :( I forgot to take the picture before he left! Sorry Lincoln!!)

The food and decor...

Oh how I love throwing a party!!! The menu: Pear salad, individual ckn pot pies (Ben's Fav), rolls, spinach dip and veggies.... mmmmmm.

Ben's "First" cake.... homemade vanilla cake with homemade vanilla buttercream icing (and chocolate buttercream icing on the cupcakes for me) :)

Some of the balloon decorations....

I made the crusts of the ckn pot pies with little "B's" for Ben on them.... they turned out so cute!

These were the favors that Ben gave his friends as a Thank You for coming... they were filled with different kinds of RED candy (Swedish fish, sour cherry drops, red licorice, cinnamon jelly beans, and raspberry gummys).

* * * * * * * * * * *
This is Ben on his actual Birthday eating his fries and frosty at Wendy's... it was so cute to sit there and watch him munch on his treats... it is so much more fun to give your kids treats then I thought it would be. I have to learn to control myself.

* * * * * * * * *
This was also Ben on his actual Birthday with some of his presents from us and the fam. Thanks everyone who sent gifts!!!! Ben LOVES them all!

We gave Ben some bubbles for his present from us... He loved them. I can't wait to go outside and blow bubbles with him (HURRY up Spring!!).
* * * * * * * * * * *
This was just the other night... we have to have a talk with Ben about texting at the dinner table! :) he he he.... this makes me chuckle.
* * * * * * * * * * *
And that's the END of the pictures.... no BUTTS about it!!! :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

You put Marth to shame! Every detail perfect! Way to go! By the way Ben how did the plate taste? I am sure it wasn't tasty, but maybe you were just licking your mom's yummy buttercream frosting. I know I would!

Flutterbug said...

My kids probably wish they had a mom like you, that is amazing, I can't believe he is 1 already, he is so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Jacqueline said...

Oh my goodness, to witness the party firsthand was such a treat; girl, you know how to throw a party. It was absolutely beautiful! And the birthday boy is the most charming cute little edible baby I've ever known. AH, I just love you!!!

Christensen Family said...

Hillary!! Oh girl when you move out here you've got to join our culinary crew!!!! www.culinary-crew.blogspot.com We get together once a month and a partnership puts on a big dinner for everyone else...complete with decor and like 6 courses. It's so fun! And you totally look like you would love it!! Your party was fabulous!!

The Pizza Family said...

Looks like such a fun party!! and wow do you know how to throw a party!! It looks amazing! And he is just too dang cute! Give him a big hug from us!! miss you guys

Sorensen Family said...

Ohhhh Happy Birthday Ben! It looks like it was a fun party. Good work Hill, I love all the decorations and food. Yum. we just wish we could have been there too.

Miss ya tons!
Love ya,
Linsey

The Hunt's said...

A. I can not believe Ben is 1. Unbelievable.

B. You are such a Martha.

Paige said...

What an adorable party!! I wish I could've been there to see everything in person. He's getting so big and cute. Hope all is well! Miss you guys.