Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Halloween Dance and A New Baby...

So not much happened last weekend -- but here are a couple random pictures from what did happen. The picture above is some friends and fellow YW leaders and I in the kitchen at our Stake Center building helping run the Stake Youth Dance on Saturday. The cute girl on the Left is Jacqueline (YW President), center is Christina (Stake YW Presidency) and left is of course my lovely self (YW 1st Counselor). The dance was a Halloween theme complete with lots of spooky decor, costumes and sweet treats. Jacqueline, myself and our YW got to the Stake Ctr. plenty early to decorate and create a festive atmosphere. Everything turned out really great and I think the youth had a great time. Being in the YW presidency the last 2 years I have had lots of opportunities to attend these youth dances to chaperone etc. and they make me smile and chuckle remembering going myself as a YW. Especially watching all the kids during the slow songs -- I can hardly contain my laughter seeing all the awkward moments and the little 14 year old boys mustering up the courage to ask a cute girl to slow dance!! HE HE HE!!

I made the Bat Headbands that Jacqueline and I are wearing earlier that day so we would be in with the Halloween spirit of things. Its hard to see how cute they actually are in the picture... it looks like a little swarm of tiny bats flying around our heads!! I LOVE Halloween! Another side note about the picture... Christina (the girl in the middle) is pregnant and her due date is 4 days BEFORE mine!!! Look at her compared to me!!! And I am even taller than her (she is on her toes in the picture)! This solidifies my theory that I have a stow-away baby in my belly that the doctors haven't found yet!! Where is she hiding that baby in her skinny body!!??

Then on Sunday, another friend, Brittanie, and I went to visit our friend Rachel and her new baby boy in the hospital. She had to be induced a couple weeks early and so the little guy only weighed 5 1/2 pounds!!! He had the tiniest, cutest face and little body!! I was in heaven holding that little newborn! I think he could tell that I had a baby in my belly because he kept staring at me even when someone else was holding him. He was SO adorable!! CONGRATULATIONS Rachel and Jim!! (Jim is a fellow Dental Student of Kyle's and this is their 3rd boy!!) The picture below is of their new addition... obviously. :) Seeing this baby makes me so excited for my visit home in a couple weeks to see my 2 new nephews that have been born since I was home last!! And also to see the little guy in my belly too!! :) But hopefully not in two weeks!!

No comments: